While blogging is a lot of fun, there are many reasons for the use of a class blog. The benefits of a class blog are listed below.
- The students are motivated.
- The students are encouraged to read and write.
- They encourage discussion and collaboration.
- There is an instant audience.
- The students can be provided with links to useful websites.
- They may be accessed anytime and anywhere.
- Learning is authentic.
- The students are able to connect with other classrooms all over the world.
- A strong connection between home and school is encouraged.
- The students are able to improve their skills in literacy, typing, ICT, social interactions and geography.
- The students are able to learn about appropriate online behaviours and get experience using a 21st century technology.